Name: Dr. Amulya Bhattarai
Position: Deputy Chairperson, Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Ph.D. in Information, Computer and Communication Technology, SIIT, Thammasat University, Thailand (2022)
- M.S. in System Communication & Electronics, Jacobs University, Germany (2008)
- B.Eng. in Electronic, Assumption University, Bangkok, Thailand (2004)
Electronics and Communication, Wireless (Mobile) Communication, Reconfigurable Beam-Steerable (Smart) Antennas, Resource Allocation in Distributed Wireless Networks, Pattern Recognition (Image/Voice) via Artificial Intelligence tools, Renewable Power Distribution and Integration.
- BG1204 (Calculus I): Algebra, Trigonometry, Functions, Limits, Differentiation and Integration (with Engineering/Science applications).
- CE4227 (Mobile and Wireless Networks): Evolution/characteristics of 1G (AMPS) / 2G (GSM) / 3G (UMTS) / 4G / 5G, Cellular/Mobile Concepts.
- CE4715 (Artificial Intelligence): Search, Logic, Reasoning / Statistics, Machine Learning, Data Mining, Neural Networks, Reinforcement Learning.
- EE2605/6 (Electronics Basic): Diodes, BJT, JFET, Op-Amp Circuits, ICs (555, ADC, VCO/PLL), Oscillators and Feedback, Power Regulators.
- EE3601/2 (Electronics Design): Amplifier Design (BJT/JFET), Op-Amp Circuits, Power Amplifiers, Digital Logic (TTL/CMOS),
- EE3301 (Electromagnetics): Electric/Magnetic Fields and Radiation, Coulomb/Gauss’s Law, Maxwell’s Equations, Transmission Lines, Antennas.
- EE4512 (Smart Grid): Smart Sensors/Meters (IoT), Energy Management & Distribution, High Voltage Gen. / Tx, Power Electronics, FACTS.
- TE4201/2 (Communication Electronics): Filters, Modulation (AM/FM/QAM), Digital Data, RF Amplifiers/Oscillators, Optics, Antenna, Cellular.
- TE4111 (Antennas): Antenna Parameters(Radiation Pattern, Directivity, etc.), Linear(Dipole)/ Loop / Microstrip Antennas, Arrays, Smart Antennas.
- IE4201 (Engineering Management): Design Details & Breakdown: Tasks/Time, Customer Requirement, People & Team, Finances, Communication.
- CE/EE/MCE4901/2 (Senior Project I/II): Guide and inspire senior year students for the Engineering projects. Regulate and evaluate their performance,(Reports of student’s projects that he was the advisor is included at the bottom…)
- 2023: “Analysis of Image Pattern Classification using Hopfield Network on Letters and Thai Banknotes via MATLAB Implementation.”, Ushik Shrestha Khwakhali, Amulya Bhattarai, Chinarom Hannarong and Siyu Deng, 15th International Conference on Digital Image Processing, (ICDIP 2023), May 19-22, 2023 Nanjing, China.
- 2021: “Material Identification via Wireless System (Lime SDR Mini) using Pattern Classification” by Amulya Bhattarai, Ushik Shrestha Khwakhali, Sneha Paudel and Domingos Da Costa. IEEE International Conference on Electrical Engineering/Electronics, Computer, Telecommunications and Information Technology (ECTI-CON), Chiang Mai, Thailand, .
- 2020: “Channel Allocation Policy for Distributed Wireless Network: Derivation and Analysis of Optimal Interference” by Amulya Bhattarai, Prapun Suksompong and Chalie Charoenlarpnopparut. Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing, Wiley-Hindawi publications, London, United Kingdom.
- “Antenna Parameters Analysis of Patch Arrays at 2.4GHz Using ADS and TTR500 VN”, by Amulya Bhattarai, Ushik Shrestha Khwakhali, Sneha Paudel, Nang Kang Hom and Fang Yang, Information Communication Technologies Conference (ICTC), Nanjing, China.
- 2017: “Counter-Intuitive Channel Allocation Improvement in Distributed Cognitive Radio Networks by Adding Optimal Interference in User’s Utility” by Amulya Bhattarai, Prapun Suksompong, Chalie Charoenlarpnopparut and Patrachart Komolkiti, IEEE Annual Consumer Communications and Networking Conference (CCNC), Las Vegas, U.S.A.
- 2016: “Policies for Channel Allocation in Cognitive Radio Networks using Game Theory” by Amulya Bhattarai, Chalie Charoenlarpnopparut, Prapun Suksompong and Patrachart Komolkiti, The ECTI Transactions on Electrical Engineering, Electronics and Communications, ECTI-EEC, Thailand.
- 2014: “Developing policies for channel allocation in Cognitive Radio Networks using Game Theory” Amulya Bhattarai, Chalie Charoenlarpnopparut, Prapun Suksompong and Patrachart Komolkiti, International Conference on Electrical Engineering/Electronics, Computer, Telecommunications and Information Technology (ECTI-CON), Nakhon Ratchasima, Thailand.
- 2013: “Improved bandwidth allocation in Cognitive Radio Networks based on game theory,” by A. Bhattarai, P. Komolkiti and C. Aswakul, 10th International Conference on Electrical Engineering/Electronics, Computer, Telecommunications and Information Technology, 2013, pp. 1-6, doi:10.1109/ECTICon.2013.6559481.
- 2009: “Pattern Matching by Optimizing Load in a Reflect-array Antenna” by Amulya Bhattarai and Jon Wallace, IEEE International Symposium on Microwave, Antenna, Propagation and EMC Technologies for Wireless Communications, Beijing, China.
Students Senior Project (Advisor)
- 2023: “Robot arm control system to automate medication storage and retrieval” by Akgul, Onur Su, Koung, Chandrasedar, Adarsh.
- “Smart robotic arm with EMG sensors” by Pathompong Cheewasrirungruang, Thanadol Nusuwan.
- 2022: “Flying object detection (Radar)” by Cokoy, Furkan and Simsek, Furkan.
- “Medical supply delivery robot” by Rahman, Abdur, Kayenge Kazadi, Eldad and Taksin Deesaeng.
- “Employee data acquisition and processing” by Pornnarin Taweelarp and Kaisin Liawpairoj.
- 2021: “Automatic self-leveling platform” by Chanat Thamsuriya and Kirati Supavanichyanon.
- “Fruit detection via color pattern recognition and transportation via robot arm” by Nattanon Pumsawai, Kattaleeya Sasirattananikun and Win, Yan Naung
- “Smart Mini E-Vehicle with infrared controller” by Jongdeenarn, Prin and Deng, Siyu.
- 2020: “Automated currency detector” by Chinarom Hannarong and Naarpa Kitthanasiri.
- “Restaurant waiter bot” by Zin Htet, Nyi Nyi Myo and Lwin, Zin Zar Zar.
- 2019: “Smart Trolley” by Nattacha Sutthibenjakul and Wanwisa Wongkongkum.
- “Material Classification using Wireless Tx Rx Pair Lime SDR Mini” by Domingos Da Costa.
- 2018: “Rectangular Microstrip Patch Antenna at 2.4GHz” by Nang Kang Hom and Fang Yang.
- “Analyzing Frequency Spectrum for Cellular Networks in Thailand (Au Bangna)” by Teodosio Soares and Passion Bunene Mbily.
- “Xpress Lane (RFID Tags for Shopping Centers)” by Pratik Kumar Basu and Niyam Poudel.
- 2017: “Wireless Sensor Network Sensing and Analyzing Pollution in Air and Soil via Zigbee Sensors” by Joao Domingos Gama and Putut Pujianto Gomes.
- 2016: “Software Defined Radio (SDR)” and “Water Borne Vehicle” by Nareekan V. and Suchaya T..
- 2014: “Ultra-sonic Distance Finder” by Vedant Mishra.
- Mini Book (Lab Manual): “Principles of Communication Electronics Laboratory, Analysis and Implementation using MATLAB”: @ Mathworks @ Amazon Books,
- PhD Thesis: “Channel allocation policy for distributed wireless networks: derivation and analysis of optimal interference”, SIIT, Thammasat University.